KIPP Sunshine Peak Academy (KSPA), founded in 2002, is a tuition-free, college-preparatory public charter school in Southwest Denver, educating students in grades 5 through 8.
At KIPP Sunshine Peak Academy, we believe a strong Team and Family can accomplish anything. To us, Team and Family means joy, equity and hard work. We believe that with the hard work and dedication of a true team and the joy and love of a family, our students will be empowered with the knowledge, skills and pride in self and community that is needed to lead a life of choice and make the world a better place.
In developing our KIPPsters for success to and through college and life, our day-to-day vision at KSPA is to empower KIPPsters through five pillars of education—academic rigor, discipline with dignity, confidence and belief, strength of team, and inclusiveness.
- Guided Reading block allows for differentiated reading support for all students across the school.
- Guided Math block allows for extra time and instruction in math.
- STEM class allows students to experience science through experiments and more hands-on learning.
- Screen printing
- Destination Imagination
- Visual Art
- Beats & Rhymes
- 3D Art
- Gifted & Talented Club
- Food Fight
- Flag Football
- Recipient of the ELPA award for academic excellence
- Finalist – Succeeds Prize for Transformational Middle School