Student success is achieved in partnership with our families and community members. At KIPP Colorado Schools, parents and guardians are valued partners who love and advocate for all the necessary conditions our KIPPsters need to have a great day at school.
Thanks to the parents and community members who partner with us throughout the year, KIPP Colorado is able to host an array of programing and services specific to the needs of each school including:
- KIPP Colorado Schools Annual Family Retreat (Far Northeast and Southwest Denver Schools)
- No-Cost Grocery Program (Far Northeast Denver Schools)
- Uniform Swap (Far Northeast Schools)
- Community-cleaning service days (Far Northeast Schools)
- Advocacy Days at the Colorado State Capitol (Far Northeast and Southwest Denver schools)
- Cooking Matters classes for adults (Far Northeast Schools)
- Computer and Internet Classes (Southwest Denver Schools)
- Workshops about preparing for college (Far Northeast and Southwest Denver schools)
Parents and guardians are the experts in who our students are and how to best educate them. We invite you to participate in family meetings and build your family networks this school year to remain informed, influence our school policies, and participate in the decisions that impact your student’s education. Opportunities include:
- Cafecitos/Chats with the Principal
- KIPP Family Association
- KIPP Colorado Family Council
Collaborative School Committee (CSC)
Parent and staff committee members are elected by their school to participate in quarterly meetings to discuss the school’s priorities, progress, and practices in order to ensure they are inclusive of family, student, and staff voices. School leaders make decisions about their school with input from their CSC.
All CSC meetings are open to the public. You can find upcoming meeting dates and past meeting notes for each school in the Family Opportunities tab on the school’s About page. You can also reach out to the principal at each school for more information.
Contact your school to find out when the next family meeting is or contact your region’s Community Engagement Coordinator to learn how to get involved.
Far Northeast Denver Region
Southwest Denver Region
Thank you for your partnership and advocacy to ensure student success to and through college and career!